As long as there have been chains there have been innumerable ways to try and effectively clean them mechanically from a variety of contaminants that degrade a chains performance over time.
In the current cycling market these consist primarily of:
• Various plastic contraptions that usually contain some type of rotating brush or brushes that clips over the chain while on the bicycle
• Has a chamber containing (usually) a petrochemical-based cleaning solvent
• Is bulky and heavy during use. Not portable.
• Prone to fluid leaking and spills
• Basically impossible to dispose of the used liquid cleaner in an environmentally responsible manner
• Expensive – In the $30 – $50+ range
Introducing Chain Chum™ – Your bikes’ best friend.
Seeing the need for a cheap, light weight, durable, compact and fully transportable, fluid free chain cleaning device that can be used on-the-go, Nex-gensports engineers have designed and produced the world’s first truly universal chain scrubber device.
With cycling disciplines like Cyclocross, any-off road MTB or gravel style of riding, ‘Chain Chum™ ‘ easy fits in your jersey back pocket – Ready to scrub the chain in seconds whenever required. Muddy, clogged chains during a race or ride are now a thing of the past.
Made of 100% recycled plastic polymers, Chain Chum™ is available in black or 3 ‘never lose’ bright colour options.